Become an Ambassador for Wellness
Are you interested in health, nutrition, and being active? The University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service is now taking applications for the new Extension Wellness Ambassador Program. The first of its kind offered in the state, this program will teach participants simple strategies to improve their own health and the health of their family, friends, and neighbors. The training is conducted by Cooperative Extension Service professionals, health professionals, and other specialists in their field and includes topics such as:
- Healthy eating and weight management
- Avoiding portion distortion
- Strength training
- Exercise to improve balance and flexibility
- Preventing and managing chronic disease
- Health behavior change strategies that stick
- Understanding personality types
- And other special topics!
Ambassador trainees will receive 40 hours of training in health and wellness, and in return, they will agree to give back 40 hours of service in support of healthy living programs.