Creating 21st Communities and Regions That Are Vibrant, Sustainable, and Resilient
Breakthrough Solutions is an award-winning, next-generation strategic planning and development program of the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service with partners in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
We live in a time of accelerating and unprecedented change; what worked 10 years ago or even five years ago may not work today. Successful communities, regions and businesses understand the key drivers of change in the world, and leverage their assets to create breakthroughs that can move them forward, sometimes in dramatic ways.
The Breakthrough Solutions Program takes asset-based development to the next level, and builds on tremendous work that has been done on extraordinary communities, community change models, community capitals, appreciative inquiry and strategic doing. It moves communities to action more quickly than traditional strategic planning processes.
The Breakthrough Solutions Partners employ a planning and action process that is:
- community-driven, and
- results- oriented.
"Breakthrough Solutions is considered one of the most cutting-edge programs in the field because it incorporates asset-based work and innovative tools to break beyond boundaries."
Gisele Hamm, Awards Committee Chair, Community Development Society
Partners & Recognition
|Breakthrough Solutions Partners & Advisory Council|
|Community & Regional Success Stories|
|Awards & Recognition|
- Breakthrough News
- 2013 Breakthrough Solutions Conference
- Conference Information and Agenda (PDF)
- 54 Entrepreneurship Strategies
- ACDS Breakthrough Solutions
- Arkansas Regional Coalition for the Ouachitas Moving Forward
- Broadband Opportunities - ConnectAR
- Build it and They Will Come
- Building a Local Funding Team
- Community Economic Development – Out With the Old, in With the New
- Creating Entrepreneur-Friendly Communities
- Creating Wealth Through Leveraging Assets and Strategic Marketing
- Creativity and the Creative Economy
- Delta Young Professionals
- Entrepreneurial Financing and Economic Development
- Entrepreneurship Policy Actions
- Getting Ahead in a Just –Gettin'-By World
- How Do You Deal With Divisiveness
- Jewel of the Delta Farmer's Market
- Leveraging Local Assets by Creating Regional Food Projects: Missouri's Efforts
- Navigating the Rapids During Uncertain Times
- Extension CED Programs and Resources
- Breakthrough Solutions Video and Art Work
* Grisham, V. "Extraordinary Results in Ordinary Communities: Transforming Towns and Growing People". A study for the Kettering Foundation, 2010.
** Kuhn, T.S. (1962). The structure of scientific revolutions. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.